Tuesday, July 3, 2007

busy busy busy

Jabu and Wife with Telang Usan Assemblyman Lihan jok( facing away from cam) wit my dad


Ive been keeping myself really busy these past couple of days..ok lets first start with Sunday morning...i had to accompany my parents to my Dad's clinic Coz the Deputy Chief Minister was supposed to visit..i woke up that morning and decided to wear my jeans(torn slightly) and a collared shirt..a pretty decent effort to me. My dad gave me one look and told me to change" AND MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A TIE!!!!" ..were the last words i heard before i closed the door to my room. So we went to the clinic and waited for the dude to arrive. A whole lotta ppl turned up including members of the media and community leaders. My job was to be the family photographer...filming the event on my dad's Sony Camcorder. To my surprise, the red merc with the sarawak flag fluttering appeared almost exactly at 8 and i started to film. My Dad took his blood pressure, he looked arnd, said some pleasant stuff, looked arnd summore, had breakfast in my dads office( the pic in the left corner which i took), said summore pleasant stuff signed the guest book and left. All this happened with the press snapping photos, and ppl crowding arnd.


Makin the pua kumbu

The days after that, i was unofficially hired as a photographer for Dayak Association haha...took some interesting photos of the process of making pua kumbu..a traditional cloth used in the old times to place skulls of ppl who ran afoul with iban warriors, and also used in funerals .My dad told me that only selected women could weave the pua coz its suppsed to be sacred or sumthing but nowadays , anyone can do it. Some of the weavers apparently have dreams and use them as inspiration to design the pattern on the pua. Scary huh..
Ok...Time for JOe's random facts of the day..no inspiration today so no facts to note...haha, thats it for today, chow d mau~

No comments: