Friday, March 7, 2008

choice

In life, we have to make choices. The choices we make in the present sets in motion the events which will happen in the future. If only man had the wisdom to see the consequences of his choice, in other words, foresight.The best we mortals can do is make an educated guess, a calculated risk and hope for the best.

As children, we didnt have much of a choice. Pretty much everything was decided by our parents. From what time you slept, to which school you would study in. As children, we loathed this lack of freedom. However, if things were to go wrong, parents were always there to fix things for you and most of the time, problems would end up fine and dandy. Pro and con. Balanced.

As a young adult, i now have to make choices of my own. Where I want to study, what I want to do with my life, what do I want to make of my future etc..again, parents are always there, but their role have been diminished to simply giving advise and opinion, apart from financial support. Ultimately, if things were to go bad due to your choice, you'd have to fix things up yourself, and suffer the consequences.
Many thoughts swim my mind now, choices choices choices. Everything from academic related problems to matters pertaining to my personal life..

the worst thing ever is to have regrets. Regrets of the choices you took,and thinking of the things you could do if it were possible to go back in time to start things over. The possibilities are endless, and it is this kind of thoughts which eats at you slowly, killing your mind.

Alexander the Great once said, "fortune favours the bold." His empire crumbled in the end..but his legacy lived on.Stick to the status quo and be content...or bravely take risks,step out of your comfort zone and untap the rewards reserved for those who dare to dream.Thats my million dollar question.

ultimately its my choice.mine alone.

No comments: