Friday, July 10, 2009

My Epilogue

Applause please.

My final curtain call is here, as the end of this illustrious chapter draws nearer.

In less than 24 hours i will leave this country to complete my biomedical science degree.

As i sit here pondering about what the future has planned for me, I can help but smile to myself as i reminisce about the past 3 months.

Its really impossible to write down all the great things only home can bring.

working out in a dingy gym, drinking beer with friends on the beach , going out to the countryside to enjoy nature, long conversations in friends houses under the influence of alcohol,playing darts in the bar, babbling endlessly about what the future may bring upon each and everyone of us.

But that is what scares me the most. Slowly we are growing. Most of us are at a transition age, Comming out of our teenhood to the realm of young adulthood. Soon some of us will have to take responsibilities. Commitment to jobs, further education and ofcourse families.

soon there will be a time when we can no longer drop by each others houses to have a drink, or talk rubbish. No time for the beaches with the campfire nights. No more staying by the lighthouse drinking beers and counting the various vessels and offshore platforms off the coast of our beautiful town.

But lets leave that for the future.

For now lets cherish the memories that we so carelessly forge out of stupidity and drunkedness. Let us celebrate our youth, and hold our glasses high, in a toast for our future.

id like to shout out to some of the people who have made my holidays a more meaningful one.

*************************************************************************************
To my sunway sweethearts:

Brenda( especially u! haha) michelle and jas, its been great meeting up together as a group after so long. Every summer comes with the same sense of excitement and this year proves to be the best one for me thus far. Brenda commin all the way to sarawak, road trips to brunei and all the crazy drama that unfolded. Priceless. Thanks for it all. Really look forward to seeing you girls again next summer!

To Lau:

Lau u are my 4 oclock buddy...cause i normally sign in the gym around 4 haha. Thanks for the gym company and all the funny shits that goes with it. Be it spotting girls in taman bulatan, or helping me get past that last rep on the bench.

And I also appreciate all those invites to thai bar and other parties XD.

Do take good care of yourself and do well in your studies. Ill be back in the gym next year..watch out for a dude with big biceps and popping chest with perfect 8 pecs abs, thats me HAHA.( as if...)

To The Geng Ucak Yang-Sik -Guna

Korang la nok geng paling paloi skali..tp mun sikda korang nang sik rock la kat miri tok. Gonna miss those gatherings on the beach..drinking beer around a makeshift campfire. Nights at the pub where we talk rubbish and darts. Most of all, in carlsons house (port) where each and every recollection would never fail to bring a smile to my face and laughter in my heart.

mun ngan korang nang sikda stress la..plan pun plan koboi.

(BAHASA BAKU MODE: ON)

saya amat berbangga kerana kita semua telah maju dan boleh buat planning sampai tahap menulis minit minit meeting bagi meng-sucess kan bbq kita pada hari tersebut. Hanya satu perkara yang saya tidak puas hati ya itu beer yang tidak habis telah diminum oleh housemate carlson dengan tanpa izin hahahaha.

to the girls: Irene, Genevib, Nadine and Rachel.

You girls have always been the emotional pillar for me. Somehow, its easier to pour out your hearts content to girls rather than guys. guys are far less understanding haha. You have no idea how much u all mean to me when you pulled me through some rough patches, especially you rach. And all those sharings we 3 had at one point or another haha. I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

Irene, please continue jogging eventhough we didnt go much this time hahaha. And Gen, do get out the house more often!! But don drink too much hahaha. Ill always remember that crazy night in thai bar. Nadine, you hav to stop chasing/ attracting your juniors. remember, they have to come through me.

rach, put that bottle of vodka down and go to sleep..good girl.

To Avery: I have nothing to say.

ahahaha im just playing. Next round of drinks in the Island is on me( if i graduate). I seriously think that we should make that place our second home. So that you dont have to drive home in a drunk state all the time. See i care for you buddy. Just like how i cared for you as you lay bleeding and wounded after that deadly motorcycle crash of ours.

when i come back in july, this is our drinks menu:

5 shots of tequila each
3 glasses whisky, dry.
various cocktails (minimum 4..)
Beer until we get KO

And lastly to Vince:

You found yourself a real rare one buddy. Take good care of her...or should i say it the other way around. hahaha.

Joyce, if u reading this, make sure he studies!! Beat him up if he doesnt. A girl who can drive a manual car is a strong one.

Ill see again next year bro, tower beer again till the lights go out haha. Do focus on your studies and get through ur adv. dip. Should be easier with her around. Regards to ur mum and dad.

************************************************************************************

I must say that juggling between exercising and hanging out is really tough. Going out = high calorie intake. And yes, as some of you can see, ive gained ALOT of weight.

But i reason it with this simple statement:

weight gained can be lost in an instant. Friendships celebrated and memories forged lasts a lifetime.

Till the next time i see you guys..

cheers.

-signing out-

5 comments:

Nicole said...

time really flies, doesn't it?
before we know it, we are already graduating and working.

all the best in ur future undertakings and keep in touch!

Unknown said...

Bugger all Josh, nearly had me in tears you!! Neways, that cazy night at Thai Bar is one for the books definitely and will also try to get out of the house more often. Sorry didn't give you a proper send off. Maybe a welcome back instead? Thanks for driving me round and taking good care of me. Lotsa love and blessing for you bro... Take care yeah and you know how to get me if you need me..
Gen xoxo

naDIne said...

No more sexy joe to bully? :((
Josh!!! im pooled in tears!
Come back in one piece ya? but if come back in couple also good *wink*! Just make sure this time she goes through me! Ask her to take a number! hahah
I don't think the juniors dare to come near once i say your name!
Hahah
Have a blast and do your best kayy?
I'll wait for the day for you to come back!
Take care!
Love love love love yaahh!
xxxx

MemoirOfAButterfly said...

Finally...another bird has flown off the coop....haih....so fast.....like the donkey in Shrek says...my baby....has all grown up....all the best Sexay Huggy...or should i say...sexay 8 pacs...

Boredjoe said...

awww thanks ppls! Reading all the comments make me miss home more argh!

But will definitely see you guys again soon..till then, take care!