Monday, March 2, 2009

:s

Ever wondered what it was like to get into a fight right after waking up? Well i found out today

I was so hyped up about going for the hard sparring..i even rested for 4 full days to limber up my muscles as well as giving my injured ankle a well deserved rest. Beyond my wildest expectations, it made full recovery in just 4 days time!
So with such gusto, i was going to rip my opponent apart, whoever that unfortunate soul was.I took a nap at 5pm. Woke up at 8.30. Shit. Im late by half an hour. Almost thought of skipping when the instructor called and asked me to come.

Me: Hello?
AH LIM: EH WHERE ARE U?
Me: Urmm..i had meeting.. meeting..kickboxing issit??
AH LIM: YALAH!FASTER LAH!!
Me: OKKkKKkkkkkkkk

I tried to come out with smart excuses, but 'meeting' was the only word that came out in my foggy post-nap mind.

I rushed to the training area at SAO concourse only to find everyone was waiting. The juniors were giggling coz i obviously had just woken up..=.='' there goes my macho status. Ah lim was giving a briefing to the seniors on competition rules when i jumped in.
He didnt even bother asking..took one look at me and repeated everything he had just said.

"Kick to the head- 2 points, Throws 2 points, getting pushed out of the ring-3 points..if that happens 3 times the match is forfeited. No points for kick bellow the knee cap but is allowed. 1 point of kicks to the thigh region. All punches 1 point. Go warm up, use the headguard and shin pads."

wtf..i didnt know it was that serious...use headguard sumore. We never used headguard and shin pads because power was always controlled. So i guess today all hell is unleashed.

The fact that Bryan got KO'd in the first 20 seconds didnt help(Body slam to the ground by Ah lim)

My turn came up pretty fast and it was me vs Ah lim.2 rounds, 3 minutes each round, 1 min rest in between. I was actually depending on Bryan to wear him down for at least one round..mana tau his fight was over in a flash.

My perspective:
I fought relatively well, got him on counter jabs and hooks. Landed a kick to his upper left arm which made him cringe. He got me in the head with a fast left kick but i recovered to catch his leg mid air, and took him down.

His Comments:
Too slow, stamina was totally out by round 2. Last 30 seconds was survival-dont-die mode. Hooks were to wide, hands dropped too much(second round). Your stamina is bad..

must say it was one of my better sparring sessions with Ah Lim..previously i would just be trashed right out with no punches or kicks landed.

It actually feels kinda good to fight after wakingg up :). The fear of a fight is not there coz youre still so blur from the sleep so it helps with the nerves haha. It was only after the 2 rounds ended did i realize, damn,i got out in one piece..no blood, no cuts, no bruises,no ulcers hooray!I would normally think about these stuffs before the sparring session...resulting in a not confident fight..resulting in getting your ass kicked to the ground.

I should sleep and come late for every kickboxing session..id be a champion in no time :)

BTW blood drive is currently on till friday..to all healthy individuals, please donate.( regardless of blood type..AB also can....Pusat Darah Negara is constantly short of blood.)
Besides, ur red blood cells would be destroyed in the spleen every 3 months neways. When you donate blood, the hematopoeitic stem cells in your bone marrow would undergo hematopoiesis to form new RBC..you should get back your original number of RBC sooner or later :) .Ok enough immuno.

-signing out-

1 comment:

Audit Diva said...

Ouch... is this what you do for fun??