Saturday, March 28, 2009

Randomness of the early morning.

1.23 am, good time to blog. Especially when i'm trying to finish my Immuno presentation preparation (which is on monday...shit.) Theres at least 10 windows open devoted to my stupid topic, X-Linked Agammaglobulinemia. Its okay, I couldnt pronounce it the first time either. Thank god my new laptop has enough juice to open so many stuffs at one go. My previous laptop would hav had a heart attack if i tried running Itunes,words 03 and messenger live at the same time . 256mb RAM only mah wad to do.

So here i am, with a whole pile of stuff to complete, blogging. What to write about leh? Just random stuff lar. Whatever thats on my mind. Hrmm. Im seriously thinking of shaving my head, i dunno why. Ive had tht thought for months now. Almost everyone reacted negatively, well 99% of girls did. So i guess its a no no.

Then i had a sudden urge to puff cigarettes..wtf. Must be because tht damn china dude keeps smoking in the hostel toilet, and im getting hooked to the smell =.= But before u say anything, Im NOT gonna start smoking no thank you. What ive learned would be enough to scare the shit out of potential smokers.

Gym has been lousy recently. Inconsistent training has weakened me, and now i can just dream about ever squatting 175lbs which i did during the sem break. heck i was struggling just to finish 10 minutes on the threadmill.

Monday night is going to be a rather sad night for me. It will be my last kickboxing session in INTI. And Im supposed to fight one on one with the instructor, full competition rules, 3 rounds,3minute/round.Ive sparred with him dozens of times, but this time its special. Im gonna give it my all because its the last time im gonna touch gloves with him in a long long time. maybe even the last time, period.

So to do justice to 4 semesters of learning the not-so subtle art of kickboxing from him, I have to put on a good show. No doubt all the other members will be watching as well. No giving up due to fatigue, or pain, or whatever. I have to last that 3 rounds. Im gonna have to remember all those hours of practising my jab and hooks. Low cuts, counter kicks, throws. Im not going to give him any chance, and i hope he wont show me mercy either :).

recently ive been watching plenty of sappy love movies..Half way through a bootleg copy of P.S. I love you after having watched Slumdog Millionaire 5 times. Im turning into a girl haiz..at least thats what my lab partner Yanie calls me anyway. To which i would reply "Yanie, do you want me to prove to you that im a guy? I can do that you know..its quite easy.."- add a lewd smile and some eyebrow movement- and she'll give you a look of pure disgust and say something like you deserve a tight slap HAHAHA! Yanie will always be Yanie. We made a pact that if we ended up in the same Uni, we'll continue to be labbies :D

21 days to the end, 21 days to finish INTI. Im not kidding when i say it felt like it was only yesterday when i entered this college. Well ive done my time, and its time for me to fly off to kangaroo land..provided i pass with 65 average tht is haha. The closer i get to the end, the more i think about how life over there is..I anticipate walking alot, shops closing early, plenty of chinese/vietnam/malaysian people, expensive chicken, cheap beef :) .....and Milk! Im also prepared for discrimination but i dont think its very severe in Adelaide.

One thing i wont miss abt INTI is the subtle discrimination face by non chinese speaking people. No, not by the admin but by the student population. The system is to be blamed la, when ure brought up learning in a particular language just like in UEC schools, you tend to be less comfortable around people who dont speak the same way.So you choose not to hang out with them, or socialize with them, or talk cock with them, or go dinner/yamcha/whatever with them.
getting treated with mild neglect, thats how i would put it. Thats why me need more ppl like former law minister Zaid Ibrahim who thinks the current 'national intergration' system is all cock.Thank god its only 3 weeks left. i would die if i had to stay here for another year.

Trust me ive got nothing against chinese people, Im part chinese, and an affiliate of the INTI Chinese Cultural Society.I practise Sanda, the combative arm of Wushu.Id say 80% of my friends are chinese.My best buddies are chinese.Im slowly learning how to converse in mandarin and can swear in Cantonese(i wan to learn hokkien!). I check out chinese chicks too haha.Cute mah.Come to think about it, all the girls ive been interested in the past are chinese!or part chinese....WTF IBAN OUTSIDE CHINESE INSIDE kanena kanchibek niamahh. Sorry mum im going to marry a chinese girl and have many hybrid children all names starting with 'J'.

Heres a maths question for you.

I calculated that im 1/8 chinese 5/8 iban, 2/8 lain lain(kadazan etc etc.). If i marry a pure blooded chinese(1/1) and have children, how chinese would my children be?
.
..
....
........
...........

-____-"

If u give me a plausible answer, ill give u chocolate. u wan?

-____-" again..

Before i go blabbing on i better stop here. I still have a lot to do for my presentation and i have to e-mail a draft to Ms Yap tomorrow morning. So till my next update, Cya.

-signing out-

3 comments:

Audit Diva said...

Dude ... discrimination is the last thing you need to worry about la ... sort out the accent first! And everyone calling you 'mate', 'love' ... but then we had that in the UK so maybe it won't be bad :)

Boredjoe said...

oh really?cool..so i suppose the ppl there are quite friendly la..thts great!

Nicole said...

believe it or not.. me being a chinese sometimes face the same prob too. damn. wht 2 do.. banana.. like tht la. but i do have cool chinese friends who are used to speak english wif me. =)

dun worry la. adelaide, i think is still ok. well, at least i dun remember my bro complaining anythng abt discrimination whilst he was studying thr..