Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tired.

It's as if all my facial muscles have gone kaput, and now my face is forever stuck in a glum look. For now anyways. Today we just had our second Immunology test, and immunology for me is a very very very VERY stressful subject. Its like eating vomit.
I studied very hard for this test, i really did. My previous test only scored 50+ and i didnt want to make my life in the finals any harder so i didnt have a choice, i had to score in test 2. Well APPARENTLY there was a misunderstanding in the topics covered for the test.
I was told that test 2 covered The Compliment System, MHC, Tcell development, B cell development maturation and differentiation as well as Cell Mediated Cytotoxicity. I made sure i knew those 5 topics like the back of my hand.

I can still recite off hand how the classical pathway in the compliment system works.

C1q recognizes Antigen-antigen bound antibody, autocatalytically activates C1r which in turn activates another C1r. Both C1r act to activate C1s which cleaves C4 to C4b and C4a, as well as C2 to C2a and C2b. C4b will bind near the Antigen bound antibody, and C2a will bind to C4b to form the C4b2a complex which has C3 convertase activity. C4b2a cleaves C3 to C3a and C3b. C3b binds with C4b2a to form C4b2a3b which has C5 convertase activity. C5 convertase cleaves C5 to C5b and C5a. C5b will form complexes with C6, C7, C8 and poly-C9 to form the membrane attack complex.

I swear its like reading a mantra...Sit cross legged, palms together with eyes closed whilst chanting this and many other mechanisms in a monotonous droning voice. This is what i did in my room for a few nights straight.All wasted.

The thing which pisses me off, is the fact that something which wasnt supposed to be in the test, came out for the test.

All of a sudden i see questions asking about the type of cytokines which T cells secrete, asking how to explain the mechanism..highlighting which cytokine acts a regulator for the other cytokine..how they interact with one another..WTF!and also questions asking which molecule is responsible for stalling T cell maturation etc etc..SO MANY T CELLS QUESTIONS!

I couldnt answer any of em. Trying to make a wild guess is like winning the lottery. So many different kinds of cytokines, hormones etc ..you have the interleukins (IL1,2,3,.....) then the Interferons(IFN), and the other shits . Probably hundreds of them. I counted at least 23 marks out of 100 lost for sure(blank).

I was so stressed out in the test that my eyelids started twitching and kept ruffling my hair till they started falling out.

pissed, angry FUCK! Stupid son of a bitch. Whats the fucking use eh? And now Inti starting to increase the weightage of internal marks for the final grade oh-fucking JOY! I swear i could kill someone right now..The main door of the toilet near the library was my first victim. It was half jammed. I yanked it...abit too roughly. something cracked.and now the door wont close cause it nearly came off its hinges.

Really not in the mood to do anything else. I got a major headache from the lack of sleep for the past few days and feeling like shit coz i havnt been exercising and eating like crap. Those damn africans on 3rd floor better not be making noise today coz im not in the tolerating mood for their shit. That goes for the 3rd floor chinese guys as well if i hear a single Dota,Kanchibek, kanena, Niamah etc etc being shouted. 3rd floor ppl better watch out.

Ahh Fuck.

1 comment:

Audit Diva said...

oh dude ... sorry to hear about that. exams suck. but it won't be forever. it'll work out in the end - hang in there :)

tomorrow is another day!