Saturday, February 2, 2008

true love way

It's the first day of the chinese new year break. While most of my chinese friends are having/going to have the time of their lives with family and friends, I on the other hand will rot here in the hell pit known as USJ 11, Subang Jaya(home of the rats which are as big as cats and bastard-drivers who dont know how to use turn signals).So, being a procrastinater, i refuse to do the pile of work i inherited from last week and last last week, opting to do it just before class starts..hahaha!
So, back to the title of my latest post, true love way. Its a title of a song by Kings of Leon, one of my favourite bands. Why suddenly blog about a song u ask? Well, ive been listening to it more than 5 times in row and my iTunes says that it has been played a total of 84 times..so i decided to really study the lyrics, maybe to shed some light on why i like it so much..and wow, it gets kinda deep and emo at the same time.

It starts with this verse..

I want in, like a substitute
I've been working awful hard for you
But you don't say, you just hold your breath
So I can't touch what I haven't yet
She's a poor one and it hurts me so
And it's a dark path and a heck of a cold
And she can feel me like she did before


my interpretation of this verse is that of unrequited love..its sort of like that you care/love for someone and show it and yet its not returned...hahaha! pain pain and more pain for the heart~the poor bugger..i know how he feels

and the chorus goes

Oh we'd be so free
Happy alone
Sharing a smile
So far from home


the singer's wish i guess, of what could be if it really happens..to me, its a really meaningful way to put it in words..

the 2nd verse goes like this:

Push in and I pull it away
It a hard part but the true love way
Girl you're wanted like a wanted man
With your smart mouth and your killer hands
we could both share all that I have made
For a young man its a heck of a wage
And I feel crazy when I see your face


hahaha! the first part sounds kinda dirty..but thats open to interpretation and also how yellow ur mind is..but basically still expressing how much he loves the girl and what he is willing to do to get her..typical for a lovestruck male( normal XY male lah..)
the last chorus is an extension of the old one..

Cause we'd be so free
Happy alone
Sharing a smile
So far from home
And we would laugh
Laugh till we cry
Making a song
Making me lie


okay, i know its kinda hard to imagine without actually listening to the song first, but i really it..the vocals sounds so pained and emotional..and the beat isnt too complicated with relatively simple guitar and bass patterns..its not one of those emo MCR rock songs for those that do not know Kings of Leon. To me, its a really good expression of the feelings of a person whos in love but just cant get it..not that im feeling the exact same way, just that i appreciate what the singers trying to show.
Hrmmm..Maybe i can use my time to write some nice lyrics with a simple chord progression to follow..valentines day soon! theres no better excuse to write a song on guitar hahaha!

signing out~

No comments: